School of Hospitality (HP)
Fully immersed in the leading destination of international tourism, the School of Hospitality offers a rich range of introductory and specialized courses in all fields of tourism with careful attention to both theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
Department of Hospitality and Tourism (HT)
Department of Restaurant Food and Beverage Management (FB)
Department of Hotel and Lodging Management (Hl)
Combining tradition, innovation and sustainability the School of Hospitality allows students to come into contact with the world-wide renown italian tradition enriched by a contemporary, sustainable focus. The School of Hospitality aims at creating high quality professional profiles capable of understanding the cultural and territorial resources to apply to managerial skills.
The school mission is:
- - To provide a professional and academic environment in which students gain expertise in the areas of business, hospitality and tourism studies.
- - To go beyond classroom learning by promoting student interaction with the convergence of the multicultural societies in the city of Florence, achieved by unique practical experiences in direct contact with various and service areas and the various professional figures that operate in these spheres.
- - To redefine the idea of sustainability by rethinking how services and structures enhance local economies and culture through a respectful balance of technology, innovation, and tradition.
- - To positively direct Florence's position as a historic italian cityscape in a globalized world economy in the following ways: increase our efforts in favor of sustainable hospitality and tourism starting from our own structures and teaching methods.
- - To promote student knowledge and capacity to recognize and actively participate in the conservation of the Florentine cultural and economic heritage.
- - To shape students for careers in a rapidly developing industry that encompasses a wide range of exciting, constantly evolving fields.
The School of Hospitality is located in the Piazza Santa Croce district in Palazzo Bombicci Guicciardini Strozzi.
The passionate, highly competent and international faculty brings practical and current experience to the classrooms and offers a variety of competencies that broaden student's horizons and perspectives. Direct experience is a key element in the school of Hospitality education offer and allows students to interact with the local community.
Small sized classes and an academic structure based on lectures, workshops, seminars and laboratories are sure to activate diverse types of student engagement with study discipline.
Ganzo cultural and gastronomic Association, located in the Sant'Ambrogio district, is the cultural and gastronomic association that unites PALAZZI institutions and where students and the public can enjoy meals, art shows, events, tastings, workshops and much more. The professional internship program held at Ganzo allows students to integrate their theoretical knowledge with the professional practice.
The School of Hospitality works closely with the Fashion, Culinary Art and Food and Wine departments to provide a sense of the multidisciplinary dimension of economic subjects.
We are pleased to welcome students interested in understanding economic global challenges and the richness of local resources to address great issues of our time.
Programs of Study
Programs range from a variety of short-term, long-term career and 4-year academic programs:
- - from all academic areas
Career Development Certificate Programs
- - Hospitality Management (1 or 2 years, 4-year undergraduate)
- - Master in Organizational Management in collaboration with Endicott College (1-year)
- - 9-week Summer Apprenticeship in the Restaurant Industry